Character Palette Problems

digiman77

Registered
Hi! When i press About this mac or the finder starts up something called Caracter Palette pops up! Running 7B85. Is this a bug? Please look at the screen shot.

Cheers
Stuart

Attachments

• screen_shot-low.jpg
    screen_shot-low.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 39
why are you using the desktop from 10.0-10.1?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

use the new panther default...

btw - i dunno, im running 7B85 and im not getting that. try going into sys prefs>international>input menu>and uncheck the input menu bar - [command]-[space] should still switch b/w languages

or un-check character pallete from the list.

Open the System Preferences

Select International

Select the Input Menu tab

Uncheck the character palette

It should not load next time :D

Thanx for all the help. I have tried everthing, but the onlything that helped was to delete something called Unicode from Adobe. The problem is now gone.
Question to spitty27. What do you mean by Panther desktop default? My background image?

Hey, I'm having the same problem. Every time I start up or open the force quit dialog it opens despite my incessant deselecting of the menu option. Digiman, what was it you deleted and where? I wouldn't want to delete unicode support in Adobe if that's what that was.

Koelling said:
Hey, I'm having the same problem. Every time I start up or open the force quit dialog it opens despite my incessant deselecting of the menu option. Digiman, what was it you deleted and where? I wouldn't want to delete unicode support in Adobe if that's what that was.

The only way i managed to get rid of it was to remove Unicode via Sherlock iam afraid. If u find a new way, please post how.

Good Luck
Stuart ( Digiman )

Back