Check out the Calculator in 7b44

StarBuck

Registered
I'm not to sure if anyone has posted this yet?

But you a few options to convert currency and energy or work, have a look at the picture.

Also sleep does not work on a 12" laptop when you wake it the machine comes to life but no screen. If you plug in a external screen the screen appears on the monitor but not on the LCD.

Attachments

• calculator2.pdf
    93.1 KB · Views: 262
and sleep works just fine on my 12" iBook, so what you probably mean is a 12" TinyBook, specifically.

I never bothered looking at calculator besides for a quick little nothing...wish I knew this when I was trying to find a conversion the other day! :)

anyone checked the "TopCalculette Pro" you got on Applications cd with your mac? (I got it with 15" iMac, september 2002, OS X 10.1.5) It can do all types of conversions and update currencies...

No...

I really like the Google calculator. It's so easy to use, and it recognizes a wide variety of input, everything from "2 + 2" (= 4) to "2.35 terabytes in gigabits (= 19 251.2 gigabits). Wonderful tool. It's built into Safari, remember?

Originally posted by Fahrvergnuugen
they need to add converters that allow you to convert bits to bytes, bytes to megabytes, etc :)
Aren't you joking? It's easy to do that:
Byte to Kilobyte and such:
X*1024
Kilobyte to Byte and such:
X/1024
Bit to Byte and such:
X/8
Byte to bit and such
X*8

Most conversions are a multiplication/division calculation though (lb to kg etc - teh exception being temperature, because fahrenheit doesn't start at zero) - the trick is just remembering what the factor is.

1024 is easier to remember than most - but still, I think it was a valid point.

Yeah, it's easy to get lost or skip a digit when you're trying to convert several gigabytes into kilobytes.

well, perhaps I won't continue my development of Calc Thingy. Google once again takes my breath away. And the default calculator is getting to be a lot less stupid than the the throwaway one they used to put in.

What I love about Google is that it has maybe nine links on the front page at most. A wonderful example of the "Keep It Simple, Stupid" theory. :D

LOL! I love Google, they're such an interesting, inventive tech company... I never noticed that, or the "Ehwmer Fudd" mode...

LOL, thanks...

Elmer Fudd-speak:

_ Web _ Images _ Gwoups _ Diwectowy _

_ Google Seawch I'm Feewing Wucky_•_Advanced Seawch
_•_Pwefewences
_•_Wanguage Toows
Seawch the Web, uh-hah-hah-hahSeawch Engwish pages

Aww About Google - Google.com in English

©2003 Google - Seawching 3,307,998,701 web pages
LOL!!! I love it! I'm using this now, instead of haxx0r speak.

(Copy-pasted diwectwy fwom their site, and not fowmatted. :D)

Back