Check Spymac.com...

Do you believe this Spymac rumor ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pascal

Official visitor
They are showing up a device they call the iWalk they pretend is the next great thing from Apple. It does look like an iPaq on the picture, though (the video they is not available yet at the time of this posting).

Spymac.com

:rolleyes:

I don't believe it.

As much as I miss Newton, and as much as I'd like this to be true, I really don't think that Apple's gonna get back into the PDA market any time soon. But, every six months or so, just in time for MWSF/MWNY, rumors of an impending PDA come up, often with photos/screenshots. A video would be, as far as I can recall, a first, but I'm going to be very skeptical unless it's the video feed from MWSF with Steve holding the thing up for the crowd to see. ;)

On the other hand, no-one expected the iPod until about 24 hours before the announcement.

That said, my top 5 expectations for MWSF next week:

1. Updated iMacs. Probably the high end of the line will be with flat-panel displays, but the low-end (US$799) will still sport the CRT, with possibly updated styling to match the new flatpanels (as much as possible, anyway). Prices top out at US$1699

2. iRack. Rackmounted G4 (up to 4 processors) machines bundled with MacOSX Server and Web-based management tools (to run headless). As a plus for the musicians/DJ's, it will include a full compliment of line level and digital (TOSLink/SPDIF) outputs and inputs. It will be slotless (PCI), but will have the usual suspects (FW, USB, etc). Prices start at about US$899 and go up from there.

3. USB 2.0 on alll new Mac models. There are several new devices out there that use USB 2.0, but are (naturally) Windows-only for now. Unfortunately, this may require real hardware changes, so existing machines may not be able to upgrade to add this functionality.

4. MacOSX 10.2 announced, including, among other things, spring-loaded folders, labels, updates to Airport (software base-station), etc. Lessons learned from the 10.1 update, this will be downloadable, but only after paying US$19.95, along the same lines as what Connectix does with VPC..

5. Announcement-only of updated iPods - 10GB in March, 20GB by May. Prices don't drop on the current iPod, making the line up look like: 5GB-US$399, 10GB-US$499, 20GB-US$599.

But, please, this is just speculation and a bit of wishful thinking. I'd really like iWalk to be there, but I think that it's just not realistic, given the other things that need done. We'll find out in a few days (I can hardly wait ;) )

Back