Chimera and Flash?

joeth

The Mac Duck
How can I get Chimera to work with a flash plug in?

Macromedia doesn't support Chimera....

Help please.....

Settle man, it's only been 13 minutes. :p

I'm not positive about this (since I don't have Chimera at my disposal) but seeing as how Chimera is built off Mozilla, try getting the Flash installer for Netscape.

I hope that works, if not I'm sure Googs can help ya out. (He finds Chimera threads like a shark finds blood.)

No it CERTAINLY does not...

My friends cousin wanted to go to www.sclubjuniors.com

"The S Club Juniors Site requires flash, download it here"

If I click on 'here' it takes me to Macromedia.com, the flash player available for download is only IE, Opera, and Netscape.

I have version 0.2.0 of Navigator running on OS X 10.1

Maybe they really mean the 'Shockwave Director' plugin (short: Shockwave) instead of the 'Shockwave Flash' plugin (short: Flash). Either way, afaik Flash *is* actually working in Chimera now.

But rather use Mozilla 1.0 with Silk on 10.1.5, which produces much faster results and has more & better features.

Or, if you want a 'real' product, not some always-in-development browser, use OmniWeb - http://www.omnigroup.com - or Internet Explorer, which is already installed on your system.

Btw.: Both Mozilla and OmniWeb have great ad-killing features.

sclubjunior.com may be using a flash detection script that simply says that if you don't have IE and you dont have Netscape, than you possibly cant have flash.

Blame the web developers, not the app.

surf around more... go to sites like www.praystation.com, macromedia.com, etc.... site that you know have flash.... sooner or later you'll see some real evidence about if you have flash or not.

Hrm, it should be working for you especially if you already have Flash installed in Mozilla. It might be a browser detection script that sucks though.

The samething happened to me at http://bossmoster.com

There was a Flash game I wanted to play.

The sniffing script freaked out stating that I don't have Flash, but once I bypassed that page by inputing the URL to the game itself, it worked flawlessly.

It's most likely the sniffing script for you case too.

The Flash plugin is in your internet plug in folder, and all browsers should access it no matter if it's IE, Mozilla, NS6/7, or Chimera.

Back