Chimera problem

rfm

Registered
After a hard reboot Chimera got corrupted on my system. I now refuses to start up claiming that anotehr copy is already running. I only get to see the splash screen and then a message saying that only one copy can run at anyone time. I know for sure that Chimera isn't running (checked with 'top' in terminal).

I think my 'Application.regs' is corrupted. When I take it out of the ~Library/Application Support/Chimera folder everything works fine BUT I have lost all my settings and bookmarks!

How can I solve this? I don't want to lose my bookmarks!

This same thing happened to me, and I just had to do some digging about in the folder you mentioned to find a lock file..

I don't recall the exact filename or path, but it had lock in the name.. I just deleted that, and voila.. all my prefs and everything stayed just fine.

Good luck!

I had exactly the same thing when i booted up my osX at work this morning.

From your home directory if you go to Library/Application Support/Chimera you should see a lock file. If you delete that you should be able to start the browser up fine.

I had exactly the same problem with Mozilla a few months ago so i sort of knew what i was looking for! :)

Back