chmod

Jayem

The All Seeing
Im trying to set up a forum , running off my machine. I installed all the files locally under my "sites" dir. When I goto run the instal.cgi file under my browser, i get lines and lines of cgi code.... the only thing [ in the INITIAL setup ] i didnt know how to do was set the chmods of all the files.... i think i have some sort of clue on how to do this. but i don't want to sit here and mod every damn file, one by one. is there a way to mod an entire directory, and the files in it?
please help me
btw im using ikonboard's files.
you can find them @ http://www.ikonboard.com
thanks in advance

haha.....oooooo, this is a fun one.

I have spent DAYS working on the Ikonboard message boards. Oooooo, what fun ! Me and a mate don't know everything to do with CGI but basically we couldn't get it working on OSX client. That was the main problem, and that's why you're seeing the cgi code.

Now i actually also found the after upgrading to 10.1, CGI really was knackered in OS X client. For some reason, Apache just cannot locate the perl and cgi routines. Not sure what the deal is, but i wasted many many hours trying to get it running, and couldn't

It isn't to do with CHMOD, its an OS X/ CGI problem

well just incase any of you were wondering it is possible to change the chmod on an entire dir...
ex : chmod 0777 ~/sites/digital/cgi-bin/ikonboard
that will change all the files in that dir to 0777 [ only God & loosers know what the hell 0777 stands for, but hey....it works ]

yeah , i got the chmods down, and the stupid page still wont load the cgi.... who should i contact about this? apple or apache?

Back