Cirque Smart Cat Touchpad

cheaperThanAPro

Registered
I just bought one of these touchpads. I need a three-button mouse, and I prefer touchpads to all the other input devices. Some of the vendors even point you to USB Overdrive--Cirque even does in their owners' brochure that comes with the touchpad!--I assumed it would activate the side buttons. It doesn't seem to.

On Cirque's site (http://www.cirque.com/support/support_drivers.htm#desktop_touchpads) they say that "Mac operating systems will not support the two side buttons of the Smart Cat®." I wrote and asked them if that meant that even with third-party drivers that meant that I couldn't get those buttons to work, but apparently they consider that a third-party driver question and not a system/hardware question because they haven't even acknowledged it. They say they won't answer questions about third-party drivers. I also e-mailed USB Overdrive's support address, but there's been no answer from there either. I don't have forever to return this thing.

So . . . do I have to return this and get a trackball? I *really* would rather use the touchpad, but if I can't get the side buttons to work, it's not going to do what I need it to. Do you know of any other third-party drivers that might drive it?

Thanks so much! This is the best internet service I've seen in a *long* time! I will definitely recommend you to all the Mac folks I know! (In fact, I just recommended you to a coworker. The boss finally got her business partner to get a Mac, and she's having trouble getting adjusted. ^_^)

Back