classic: adsl fails?

izak

Registered
AdmiralAK asked:
>are you rebooting into OS 9 or just using classic >under OS X?

I use the classic environment under os x
 

izak

Registered
AdmiralAK asked:
>Hmmm if it works in OS X and you are using OS X >why would you need to do it under classic ??

Some apps have not yet been ported to osx...
 

AdmiralAK

Simply Daemonic
What apps do you want to use ?
If you get an online connection going classic apps can use the OS X connection (unlike like in the PB) if I am not mistaken
 

izak

Registered
AKAdmiral:
>What apps do you want to use ?

Irrelevant: the problem is consistent

>If you get an online connection going classic >apps can use the OS X connection (unlike like in >the PB) if I am not mistaken

This is what I expect; it does not work.
 

PassY

Registered
there is a problem that program is not working in classis under X (and back) because the driver can't work with classic, this is only with programs that want to talk to the hardware direct (chooser and all sort of that programs).

maybe it works if u boot under classic.
 

Pascal

Official visitor
Originally posted by izak
Adsl works in osx by pptp-gui, but it does not work in Classic. Any clue?
I would suggest to reboot in Mac OS 9 using the System you use as Classic and try to connect to the internet, adding all the extra software needed. Next time you'll go in Mac OS X, maybe it will work.

I had to do this to get my ADSL connection to work in Classic (from within Mac OS X). My situation is not exactly the same as yours, however, because I am connected over PPPoE (not PPTP).
 

izak

Registered
Originally posted by Pascal
I would suggest to reboot in Mac OS 9 using the System you use as Classic and try to connect to the internet, adding all the extra software needed. Next time you'll go in Mac OS X, maybe it will work.

I had to do this to get my ADSL connection to work in Classic (from within Mac OS X). My situation is not exactly the same as yours, however, because I am connected over PPPoE (not PPTP).
Adsl works under osx and under MacOs 9.
It does not work in the Classic environment under osx.
 

Pascal

Official visitor
- I read somewhere that one had to re-order the network types in the "Network" panel (in the advanced options, drag the the different network settings) so that Ethernet be the first in the list.

One has to do such a thing because Classic supposedly picks the first connection type in the list, even if it is not the currently active one.

According to what I had read, this should solve most of Classic's internet access problems.

- I read some place else that one sometimes had to throw away the TCP/IP prefs of Mac OS 9 and create them anew to ensure no spurious info confuses Classic when it attempts to create a bridge to the internet.

- I hope this helps... or that you find a solution to your problem, at last.
 

izak

Registered
Originally posted by Pascal
- I read somewhere that one had to re-order the network types in the "Network" panel (in the advanced options, drag the the different network settings) so that Ethernet be the first in the list.
[...]
- I read some place else that one sometimes had to throw away the TCP/IP prefs of Mac OS 9 and create them anew [...]
- I hope this helps... or that you find a solution to your problem, at last.
Tried both without success

Anyway, thanks...
 

izak

Registered
Originally posted by Pascal
- I read somewhere that one had to re-order the network types in the "Network" panel (in the advanced options, drag the the different network settings) so that Ethernet be the first in the list.
[...]
- I read some place else that one sometimes had to throw away the TCP/IP prefs of Mac OS 9 and create them anew [...]
- I hope this helps... or that you find a solution to your problem, at last.
Tried both without success

Anyway, thanks...
 
Top