Classic apps stopped printing

erikv11

Registered
After upgrading to 10.2.3, I can no longer print from Classic applications. When I type Command-P the application I'm in (I tried several) immediately quits. Printing is fine in X, was fine in X and Classic (9.2.2) before the upgrade. It is possible that the problem isn't due specifically to the upgrade, since I upgraded two days ago, but this is the first time I've tried to print from Classic since upgrading.

I repaired disk permissions after upgrade.

Based on some threads here, I tried trashing the 3 "Classic ..." files in the OS 9 System folder but after they were recreated on Classic startup the problem was the same.

Any help? Similar experiences?

Thanks,

Erik

TiBook 800, 1 GB RAM, 60 GB HD

Go to the Classic Preference pane and click on the advanced tab. At the bottom is Rebuild Desktop. See if that will correct the problem.

Originally posted by Cheryl
Go to the Classic Preference pane and click on the advanced tab. At the bottom is Rebuild Desktop. See if that will correct the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion - I now rebuilt the desktop but unfortunately, still no change.

More suggestions welcome. I need to print from Classic too!

Erik

Try booting in OS 9 (From the Start up panel) then checking the chooser to see if your printer is selected.
Better yet, while in OS 9, Select the chooser and at the same time hold down the option and the apple keys until you hear an alert sound. Release the keys, select your printer. Close the window and then go to the Start Up disk control panel (Apple Menu>Control Panels) and restart in OS X.

Cheryl, I read your post and thought "why should that work? I wonder if she really understands my question?"

But I tried your cmd-option suggestion (cleared the Chooser memory or something like that, correct?) and I am printing from Classic.

Thank you and have a great holiday -

Erik

Yes, you cleared the memory of the chooser. It was confused. Maybe it was celebrating the holidays a bit early :)

I have a slightly different problem...I can print in X, I can print in OS9, but I can't print in Classic. When I select the printer in the chooser, I don't see anything!!!

If I quit the chooser, unplug the printer, and then plug it back in, it works.

I sure would like to be able to print without unplugging my printer.

Any ideas?

Back