Classic crashes

oldwarrior

Registered
:rolleyes: Every time my G-4 running OS 10.1.5 and OS 9.2 goes to sleep classic quits and must reboot on wakeup. I don't remember this happening prior to intalling OS 10.1.5 upgrade. What's going on and how do I fix it?

Don

Have you checked your energy saver settings? In OS X check the options tab and uncheck all the boxes. If it still happens, boot in OS 9 and check the energy saver settings there.

You could try circumventing all of this by setting both OS 9 and OS X energy saver to never and just get a screen saver.

Wouldn't the HDD be taxed quite a fair bit if the Mac does not go to sleep? It keeps on spinning while the screensaver is on.

Sorry for the stupid question.

But can I set the Mac to go to sleep to conserve energy while not having the Classic crash on me? I am having the same problem.

Cheryl:

Took your advise and it did reduce the frequency of the crashes. Still sweating out a solution and hope to have one before upgrading to OS 10.2

Don

Keep in mind that while in classic you are running a simulator. And that simulator uses a heck of alot of memory.

My suggestion is to quit Classic when you know you are going to walk away from your computer for any long length of time.

The hard drive would not be taxed. Energy Saver is not designed to save the hard drive but to save your electricity consumption when you are away from your computer.

One more thing, exactly what model G4 do you have? There is an update for the iMac's to correct a problem exactly like yours.

Check the Apple updates page.

Originally posted by Cheryl
There is an update for the iMac's to correct a problem exactly like yours.

Check the Apple updates page.

There is? I have not been checking the updates... thanks thank thanks! I will run along to the downloads section and get that nifty update. Thank you, thank you.

Back