Classic Games and MacOS X

ajmas

Registered
Has anybody tested the classic environment of MacOS X with any games (great little beasts for pushing the limits). How do the famous Ambrosia games work out? I heard from one person that UnReal is pushing it, though I am not sure of the specs of the machine.

Diablo 2 runs pretty well. Mind you second-button support is dead, so you need to use command-click for skills, but other than that it runs pretty well.

Originally posted by Trelane
Diablo 2 runs pretty well. Mind you second-button support is dead, so you need to use command-click for skills, but other than that it runs pretty well.

Hmm, Diablo 2 was the one game that didn't run well for me. It tries to use too much memory, and end eating up a whole gig of disc space in the swap file, which made it slow. Games that isn't so memory hungry has worked well though (except for the mentioned lack of multi-button support)

I just tried software mode in Diablo II. Works perfectly. Not RAVE though (everything that's supposed to be half-transparant don't appear at all, plus the memory problems i wrote of above)

Back