Classic Icon Problem

xoot

Got xoot?
Ok, I need a fix for this quickly because its been bothering me in my sleep. Here is the situation so far:

GLQuake crashed miserably on me; I had to force reboot. While I force rebooted, I turned on verbal mode. It said that my node count was wrong, invalid free block count was also wrong, all on my root volume.

When I finally rebooted I noticed that the icons of most of my classic apps were GONE! :eek: They were all the default application icon!

I tried rebuilding my desktop in Classic, restarting cleanly and running fsck -y one time, but that didn't help.

Any solutions? :(

Hmmm... Jadey says that you should run "fsck -y" until there aren't any problems. :)

I'll try that later.

If you have OS X on that machine Do Not run Norton, unless it's the newest version.

I've seen more than a few OS X computers sloshed by Norton.

The latest version is 7.0. It's been rewritten to not slosh up your address book, mail, stickies, preferences... etc...

Spread the word, 7.0 is the only one good for OSX, if you run a lesser version, and it doesn't scramble, you're lucky!

Well, I booted into Classic today and all the icons there are gone. Then I booted into X and all the Classic icons were there!

I also found rescued temporary resource files in the Classic Trash. What happened? :eek:

Back