Classic in Jaguar...

When Jagwyre arrives, will you ditch Classic forever?

• Undoubtedly!

• Soon, just gotta get that last annoying app Carbonised!

• Not for the foreseable future.

• What, OS9 is out already?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hypercard :(

I'm still using it to program games...its still the best, despite its age. I've tried flash and even some basic programs, but i keep going back to hypercard.

Nope.

There are SO many groups who wish to carbonize hypercard, but theres one little problem. The source code hasn't been released. If Apple were to ever release it, there would probably be a carbon or cocoa version within 2 days.

No such thing as "uncompiling". Once a program is compiled the source code basically doesn't exist anymore. Its all turned into machine code which can only be interpretted by the processor. Some progress can be made in getting something like a source code through reverse engineering (although I have no idea how thats done), but for the most part you can't get the source code back.

I wish uncompilers existed though :(

hmm...
well someone should program an uncompiler, it would be great.

where can I get a copy of hypercard (unless that isn't allowed, is hypercard free?)

...and I still need to test pages in NS 4.x.

So classic is going to have to stick around...unless i can convince the numerous and unwilling service provided to start working with InDesign.

as soon as my firewire QUE drive does not get droped in X making me have to boot up in 9 for it to recognize it again.

Classic hasn't worked for me in ages. So I don't use it anyway.
I still have a partition with OS9, just for some of those apps. that I haven't upgraded yet... ;)

Back