Classic OS wallpaper?

cous_2000

Registered
I'm just wondering if you are able to use Classic OS 9 wallpaper in OS X? I noticed while playing with Classic mode (while installing Quake 3), I was able to access the old classic Appearance Control Panel, and I seen the old wallpaper. Where on the HD is it? Anyone got any tips? Thanks!

Well, you could search your system for "wallpaper"... but I doubt that would do much as the term "wallpaper" is a Windows thing.

:rolleyes:

Or you could just go straight to the Desktop Pictures folder in the Appearence folder in the Mac OS 9 System Folder.

And no, there is nothing stopping Mac OS X from using those images as your desktop image.

Why would you put "wallpaper" on your comptuer "desktop?"

Wallpaper is for houses. Not for computers. Say "No" to "wallpaper."

ok, yes, im a old windows user.. =p.. so i want the Desktop Pictures from OS 9. I tried checking that folder specified and there were no files there at all. Any other places it could be?

All the desktop pics and themes are in the OS 9 System Folder>Appearance Folder.

I guess apple removed them all.. nothin's there.. unless i'm missing somethin whenever I installed classic for classic support. Oh well.. Thanks anyway.

Back