Classic Problems

Xenolith

Registered
Has anyone else had problems terminating the Classic environment (9.0.4)? It loads up fine (with the exception of having to re-register Conflict Catcher between booting OS changes), but when I try to shut it down from any of the menu options, it just won't shut down!

I figured I would do a clean install of OS9, but now I can't seem to be able to boot from the OS9 CD!

Any suggestions?

-----

iMac Revision B, 192 MB

Not sure if this would work to boot off the OS 9 CD, but try it.

Put the OS 9 CD in the CD/DVD drive and then reboot while holding the OPTION key. You will see a blue screen, you can then let go off the key. The system will then scan all available drives for a boot volume, hopefully it'll find the OS 9 CD. Select it, click on the right arrow (ie. continue) and you SHOULD be able to boot off that CD.

To boot back into OS X use the SYSTEM DISK utility in the OS X CD.

<< Put the OS 9 CD in the CD/DVD drive and then reboot while holding the OPTION key. >>

I tried this and was still not able to boot from the Mac OS 9 CD. (I never got prompted to "continue" or anything like that though.) Every time I try to boot from the Mac OS 9 CD, it freezes during the bootup process. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Back