Classic Startup

Dudeguy

Registered
hey everyone, for some reason my classic startup just won't work.:(
It says that I don't have mac os 9 installed on my computer. And I need classic for many things, like most of my games, realplayer (i need this the most!), and some other things. I hate it how os x is set up so you can't run os 9 applications properly. I'd say that it should just open up without a problem. I hope the 10.2 will fix a lot of these things. But i like how my computer never screws up.
I hope someone knows the answer to my classic startup problem!
I have a picture of what happens here.

Attachments

• classic.jpg
    classic.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 75
Yes! I have exactly the same! And I have 9.2.0 installed, what's wrong? If somebody knows this, I'll be forever grateful, since I can only connect to the internet if Classic runs. (Long story)

Help us!

In system preferences, is your classic set up?

RPS: why can't you go online without classic?

Actually not that long :D
Oh well, here goes:

I have ADSL connection, and when I subscribed to this connection, people installed an app called "LAN tunnelbuilder", a OS 9 app. If I open it, I get this window: (see attachment)
Then I press connect... etc.
Anyway, I can only open that app in Classic, and if I do, I'm online and I can quit Classic.

"Why wouldn't I just enter the specs in System Prefs" you say?
My provider (NOTE: most well-known provider of my country) does NOT "support" Mac OS X "YET". Note how X is a year old for Christ's sake.:mad:

So classic is the only option they said.

Attachments

• lansettings.jpg
    lansettings.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 54
i always needed a connect program for mine. But then this guy came in, hooked up airport, installed a special eithernet hub, and then i didn't need a dialup, and i can now use internet in os x! But i still need classic for tons of stuff!!!!

Originally posted by RPS
...so? btw Aren't you the guy who posted a trojan here?

What is a trojan? If u mean the thing that this guy named bill made that hacked into my account and uploaded in a forum, no that wasn't me! Go back there right now, i explained to everyone. I AM GONNA KILL BILL!
I tried reblessing my system and all that shit, i reinstalled everything a million times!!!!!! It still won't work :'(!

WIth the Classic internet, I have the exact opposite problem! I can't conenct to my ADSL in OS 9. They only have Windows and OS X support, which is really shit, because I have to boot into 9.2 to do my music assignments, because Cubasis VST won't run under classic!

Back