Classic TCP/IP weirdness

jkohler22

Registered
I just upgraded from a Ti 550 to a 667 PB. After repartitioning my drive with a 2gig classic partition I loaded 9.2.2. When I am using the airport port for my network, the classic TCP control panel will not let the configuration stay TCP/IP it changes to Mac/IP and I cannot use my DHCP server. If I am connected to my network using my LAN cable the control panel works correctly and my Classic apps can connect to my network.

This is weird I have had purchased 3 different PowerBooks in the past year and setup has been a breeze until the new 667.

Any Ideas?

I even ran the Hardware diag CD that came with the machine, but everything passed.

Any help will be appreciated

Dear All.

It sounds like a software problem than a hardware problem, so running the Hardware Diag CD would have been a waste of time, no offensive intended.

Ok, help is here, and I want you to try this.

1. Make sure that the lastst Airport Software is installed. If not, download it and install it. Latest version should be 2.0.2. Are you sure that the Airport card is installed correctly? (Just making sure) Open the Airport application to see if you are getting a signal from the basestation. Is the basestation correctly configured?

2. Goto Control Panels in your system folder.

3. First, open the AppleTalk control panel and goto "File > Configurations" Duplicate a set and rename it "Work Wireless" and make it active. Then in the Connect Via tab, choose 'Airport'. (If the drivers and card are installed correct, this should be an option to choose from. ) Choose "File > Quit" and then save.

4. Open the TCP/IP control panel. Again, create a new configuration and call it "Work Wireless". In the Connect Via tab, choose 'Airport' and then configure the other settings to match your IP settings. Choose "File > Quit" and save.

It should work now. Client side anyway. Is the Airport base station set up correctly? Check you Airport manual for this.

Other than the advice here, that's all I can give you with the information that you have given. Hope it helps.

Back