Classic trouble!

matjazm

Registered
Hi I am having trouble with starting classic environment from osx 10.4.3. It worked fine then for no aparent reason it didn't anymore.
The classic folder is there but in pref. pane it is not found.
The problem is described in apple article but I am apparently too ignorant to understand what it says:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106678

The "No "blessed" Mac OS 9 System Folder" paragraph describes how to solve the problem but I am unable to follow it. I tried clicking round in the "start up disk pref. pane" but : where can I "Click the Mac OS 9 System Folder you want to bless." as it says in step 4. Does the word "note" in step 3 have any other meanings in the world of mac that I in my limited little world don't understand?!?! I am in a hurry, time is pressing on me, the bloody thing doesn't work... Please HELP!

Oh, and a happy new year to you!

Note the current Startup Disk selection, which is a Mac OS X volume. - it is telling you that you should see an icon of your hard drive that contains your OS X operating system and you should write down its name. If you have other hard disks connected to you computer they will show up as well but not be highlighted (most people have only one drive). Because in the next step the computer does not automatically pick any hard disk, and if you had not written down the name AND there was more than one, you might pick the wrong one.

Back