Clean Up Time

MnM

Registered
Hey all I got a Powermac G5 Dual 1.8ghz ever since last december. I was wondering what should i use to clean my g5 ( both interior and exterior). I don't want to do any damage by using all sorts of chemicals. Its a bit dusty because I left it for family to use whiles i was on vacation. So any tips on what i should or should not do? :)

obviously a soft clothe would be best. for inside i would probibly just use some compressed air to blow it out. carefully though, make sure you dont get any of the propellant on anything, especially connections. i can't speak for the outside though, i have never tried to clean one of those models before.

Kensington makes cloths that will clean the outside. I believe it has 91% Isopropyl Alcohol in it. (Not rubbing alcohol !).

Or use a soft cloth and 409 (or something similar). Spray it on the cloth, then wipe the case.

Thanks alot guys. I'm heading out to store tomorrow and going to get to some cleaning and some serious arranging of files on this g5. I got so much files man I don't know where to begin lol. I figure a clean environment as well as the g5 being clean is a start. Thanks alot

Back