Clock in 10.1.2 gets slower

Iceman4208

Registered
Alright, I bought a new G4 867MHz computer for college last fall, so it isn't that old. Recently, about a week ago I noticed the clock in the menu bar was a few minutes behind the clock on my wall. Last night, the clock on my computer was almost 10 minutes behind the clock on my wall. Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks

867 MHz G4 Quicksilver
640 Mb of RAM
Mac OS X.1.2

obviously your batteries in your wall clock are too powerful, and this is making the clock faster and fool you into thinking your computer is losing time...

beware of the clock...

Perhaps it takes you 10 minutes to check the clock on your computer to the one on the wall- that would account for the delay.

A good idea may be to check the clock on the wall first and then check the one on the computer. If you clock on the wall then seems too slow, you know that it is taking you 10 minutes to move your head between the two clocks.

Roger.:p

Buy a new clock for the wall.;)

actually i agree with the suggestion to use the network time synch, especially if you are using broadband. if not it will delay your startups, particularly if it has troubles connecting to your isp.

the slow, or resetting to some absurd date, clock is normally the first sign of a bad internal battery. replacing it would be my first solution even though the age of your computer argues against this. you just never know with batteries. they are easy to replace, just yank the old one, go to the comp. store and match it and then put the new one in.

Back