close my folder please

ja2661

Registered
every time I start up my computor my account folder opens up, showing the network icon and the hard drive icon - for awhile I thought it was asking for a start-up disk so I went to pref/startup and selected hard drive then locked it and restarted the computor

each time the foldfer still shows up and the startup page under prefs is still unlocked

the folder is m more of an annoyance than anything - butt why does it pop open on start-ups?

I have a poweerbook g4 running 10.4.5

help me close my folder

thanks

-jim

System Preferences-->User Accounts.

Select your account and click on the Login Items tab. In there you should see the folder that's popping up listed to do so on startup. Just delete it from the list and close out. Reboot and login again to test the results.

I went there tried that and there was no change -

there were some odd things there like itunes helper and stuff but it did not stop the folder from coimng up

thoughts ???????

-jim

He means that a Finder window appears. I've had that happen in the past but don't know how I solved it, actually. Usually, the Finder should start with _no_ windows open.

Trashing the Finder's preferences might help, but I know I didn't do _that_ back then.

I believe that Finder should on startup open any Finder windows that were open last time it shut down. If this isn't happening correctly, you might want to just trash Finder preferences, which aren't that important, and see if that helps.

Once in every 10 or so starts my 14 inch iBook G4 1.42 starts with that window open. Don't know why... I just close it each time.

Not a lot of help, but just to let you know you're not alone, and, as it seems to be a random occurrence, a setting change may not solve it.

here is a screen shot of what comes up when I start up my computer - it doesn't seem to be a true folder because when I go to recent folders this doesn't show up - what is it and why does it keep showing up?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Attachments

• screen shot.png
    screen shot.png
    798.4 KB · Views: 3
Back