CNN shows another G5 encolure!

lonny

Fearless Thinker
I'm pretty sure it's a mistake.. but I have never seen this picture before:

http://www.cnn.it/2003/TECNOLOGIA/06/24/1030powerpc/index.html

The article is from CNN Italy. Use Google to translate, or click here for the english translation:

translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.it%2F2003%2FTECNOLOGIA%2F06%2F24%2F1030powerpc%2Findex.html&langpair=it%7Cen&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Man, I whish it was for real... looks pretty nice to me, much better than the cheesegrater look.

BTW, notice how it says that prices haven't been announced yet. :D

That's a cute little case... But the cheese grater looks so much manlier. How could you not want it!

Nice "journalists" those CNN Italians are. I don't even speak the language and I can see that they are completely misrepresenting the product/story.

Nothing new for any branch of CNN though....

yeah, that's a rendering from a spymac gallery. i prefer that case to the current one, actually. the new one doesn't really have much of a design element to it at all. <hugs his mdd g4>

or photo by "AP" simply. a bad habit not being more specific about it... even the guy that i left because he asked if cupertino was a soccer coach was a(n italian) journalist with those initialias. :rolleyes:

The enclosure is what is keeping me from buying a new G5... well the fact that it's not properly a laptop help to.. :D

Think I can wait.. or can'I, Giaguara? ;)

That CNN design looks like a G4 left to soak in a tub full of water and bleach. The new G5 doesn't look that great, either, though.

Never mind the Mac, I love Google's translation method:

"The contests of speed of the computers are run with cars from 64 bit, and the PowerPC G5, in this moment, is the computer from faster table of the world!"

I think that is one blobby, ugly render. It's taken a little while, but the new G5 case design has really grown on me. I'll have to see one in person to make my final determination, but I think it's a winner.

the new G5 case design has really grown on me

I really wish I could say the same. I'm trying hard to like it... can you tell me how to do it? :(

Maybe sticking an Apple Logo to the front panel could help...

my god. if you people are forcing yourselves to like it. dont buy it. maybe apple will come to there sences and price this thing accordingly

Originally posted by lonny
I really wish I could say the same. I'm trying hard to like it... can you tell me how to do it? :(

Maybe sticking an Apple Logo to the front panel could help...
I've just been looking at all of the different pictures on Apple's web site (especially the 1,440 x 900 ones), studying the design and thinking about why they did what they did. After doing this for a day or two and I'm really starting to appreciate it. I think part of my initial feelings (I wouldn't go so far as to say distaste) had more to do with shock than anything else. Thinking back, everyone was pretty shocked with the previous tower designs and many expressed their profound dislike for them. But eventually people came around, and in the long run it certainly didn't hurt sales.

Originally posted by RC23
my god. if you people are forcing yourselves to like it. dont buy it. maybe apple will come to there sences and price this thing accordingly

For the most part, it's not the price that bothers us (though I think I could live with the Sharper-Image reject case if they dropped the price to, say, a grand =)))

For the most part, it's not the price that bothers us (though I think I could live with the Sharper-Image reject case if they dropped the price to, say, a grand =)))

agreed.

I saved for my next Mac for the past few years. I skipped the G4 generation and decided to wait for the G5.

Ok, I'm starting to understand what lead to the design of that case. Still don't like it though. I love the way you can open current enclosures with just one finger.
In the new case you have to remove the fans to add memory! This is just too messy, altough probably needed.

I might go for a laptop after all. The TiBook still looks lovely.

Back