Cocoa with Java and packages

HateEternal

Mac Metal Head
I started working on client/server project for fun earlier today when all I had was a PC, so I wrote it in Java. I wrote a really light backend that functions fine but it needed an interface. When I got home I was going to try and create an interface using eclipse SWT, but I thought it would be fun to play with Cocoa. So I setup the client GUI and created a controller class, wired up the controller with the client back end and things started working really smoothly... when all I was doing was sending messages from the GUI to the client backend. The controller obviously has a reference to the backend classes, but the backend also needs reference to the controller to be able to send messages. The problem is the backend is in a package and the controller isn't.

I put all my previous code in packages to organize everything keep things true java. The problem is that I have no idea how to instantiate a Controller class in Interface Builder if it is in any package other than the default (no package).

Any idea how I can move my controller class to a package, say org.something.something and still be able to instantiate it from IB?

OK, seems to work.

In IB I just named the class as the fully qualified class name. So, package.package.ClassName

Working swell.

Back