CompactFlash reader, pref. Firewire, for OS X?

gidds

Registered
Does anyone know of a CompactFlash card reader that works with Mac OS X - preferably via FireWire?

My `USB CameraMate' from Microtech doesn't, and I've been waiting so long for OS X drivers I've given up!

One web site claims that the Lexar Firewire reader works, but an email from the maintainer seems less sure...

OS X already works with some cameras as provided - my Digital Ixus is one - but I need a separate reader for the CF cards I use in my Psion pocket computer. I'm fed up with having to boot back into Os 9 to transfer files and take backups!

I recently got the drivers from Microtech for their Smartmedia reader. According to their support forums, the CF reader is now supported by 10.1.2's latest updates with no drivers needed. Is this true?

Oddly, I think the 10.1.2 update broke the drivers for the Smartmedia adapter.

-Alex

Originally posted by gidds
Does anyone know of a CompactFlash card reader that works with Mac OS X - preferably via FireWire?

My `USB CameraMate' from Microtech doesn't, and I've been waiting so long for OS X drivers I've given up!

Much to my surprise, the newer SanDisk reader (SDDR-31) also works. I've also been very frustrated at not being able to (practically) use my digital camera without reboots into 9 (an unhappy option, to be sure). Now, plugging a card into the unit brings up the Image Capture app, and all the stuff is there. The card is also mounted as a standard volume on the desktop. Good stuff. :)

Back