Compile Errors For Gnome

mserm

Registered
Need guru help!!
I am trying to install gnome on my Ti550, but cannot get Control Center compiled, with the following:

make[3]: *** [keyboard-properties] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
### OLD_PO_FILE_INPUT=yes failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling control-center-1.4.0.1-4 failed

Any help?
Mike Sermersheim
Machead
MacOS 10.1.2
512gb memory

I didn't try compiling it myself.

I downloaded and installed fink and from there used fink install bundle-gnome to compile and install it. It took a day or so to compile everything, but it's up and running fine.

I would suggest installing fink.

FINK
IS
EVIL!!!

:p

ok so its not so bad.. but its messed my computer up and a few of my friend's computers.

I'm sorry but I am not farmilliar with the errors you are getting - I only use gnome on my FreeBSD box :).

However, you may wish to try
http://macosx.forked.net - there's a dude there that can compile anything. Seriously.

Hopefully though some guru will post here and solve it. Eitherway, tell us if you get it working.

I actually had a lot of success with Fink.

I installed XAbiWord (which has an OSX app that will open AbiWord proper) and then I could not find a similar OSX-specific enhancement for gnumeric. So I installed fink and used it to download and compile a crap-load of stuff (including gnome, qt, GIMP and gnumeric).

I was able to compile the latest version of control center without any problems using fink. I could never compile on my own and would definitely recommend using fink. :cool:

Back