Complaint List: Mitsubishi DiamondPoint SB70

unlearnthetruth

Recycle Me!
One would think this monitor, rated best of show at Macworld apparently, would be a decent buy for only $250. I have to say, if I could still return this, I would without thinking. Unconvincing blacks, low refresh rates at high resolutions, and problems with white areas plague this thing. The most irritating factor aside from being forced to use 1024x768 resolution (refresh is unusably low in 1280x1024, at 66hz), is the fact that the monitor can't seem to handle areas of white. Since a lot of Jaguar is white, this is problematic. Example: If i drag a window around, the whole monitor twitches and whiles around it. Though slight, it is annoying. Opening a menu in the menubar causes the area of the monitor to shift around it.

I'm speechless. And annoyed. Anyone want to buy this thing from me?

Mitsubishi monitors generally seem pretty decent. I've got a DiamondPro 740SB and it's great at 1280x1024. My mate's got one too and said it flickered a bit, but I figured that might be cos he was using Windows - maybe not?! Not sure you're really selling it too well either way!

haha yeah I'm obviously not doing my best sales pitch here. I'm going to call the place I got it and see what can be done - if nothing, Mitsubishi will be hearing from me. Granted, this will all accomplish nothing, but oh well!

Don't give up! If you pester them enough they'll give you free stuff, if only to shut you up! And maybe even sort your monitor out.

I believe Apple used Mitsu CRT's in the studio displays (G3 and early G4) I have one and love it. I've had nothing but good luck with it. I'm running 1280x1024 at 75hz. Maybe it is a different model internaly, I don't have any experience with a mitsu branded monitor.

yeah I used to have a studio display CRT (the G4 one) and I absolutely loved it, worked great at 1280x1024 @ 75 hz. But I think this one is a lower end model, because it can't support that resolution at that refresh, and, as I've said, it kinda isn't the best monitor.

Regardless, I just got a Apple Studio Display 17 G4 CRT off of ebay, the same one I had before it blew up, for $140. I'll be selling the mitsu CRT to a friend for around $100 probably. Don't worry, he knows what's wrong with it, he wants it as a secondary display despite its problems - he doesn't run at that high a resolution anyway.

So seemingly everything is resolved... for now...

Back