Complaint

twister

Howdy
I have a complaint about some of the new categories and how it's decided what goes where. You've created new forums called Nothing But 'Net , Web Works and The Digital Canvas. However you are moving threads out of other forums that i think they belong in. A person was asking about WYSIWYG editors for OS X. It was in the Mac OS X System & Software forum and was then moved. Along with another post about the Mail.app. Aren't these considered OS X apps? Shouldn't they stay in the OS X area? I'm afraid people won't look in the other forms because they are not used to. Then the topics would get skipped and the people wouldn't get help.

Maybe i just need time to adjust. Or maybe they should have better explanations.

--Nothing But 'Net--
It's a big world out there. Need help navigating it or finding something? Or perhaps you've found something worth sharing. The place for surfers to hang out.
------------------------

To me this says nothing about the programs used on the net. It sounds more like a links area instead of a internet (mail, explorer, chimera) trouble area.

Also it's not under the Mac Community heading so it sounds like these new threads are something other than Mac stuff.

Just my concerns

Twister

i knew there would be someone :D

seriously, i understand your concern. this is one reason that redirects are being left when threads are moved to the new forums so that people who nvigate thru the forums will still find their posts. another solution is to use the "view new posts" option. all replies to all threads since your last visit will appear this way. it's really the fastest way to find threads of interest no matter where they reside.

we are currently trying ome expansion. too many people, myself included, have had some confusion about where to put their posts for the new topics we've included. in the long run, we are hoping to make it easier for people to find the help they need. if a forum can't hold its own weight after awhile, it will eventually get merged into another one as pda and apple II are now part of mac hardware. the very fact that we are able to find enough posts on the site that fit these new categories to get them started is some evidence of their popularity.

and about the nothing but net description, i'll see if i can make that more clear. point taken. :) but it is meant to cover a much wider category than just apps. it is meant as a sharing place as well. i'll be surprised if this isn't the most popular of all the new forums. there was a relevant new post there less than 10 mins after it first appeared.

but thanks for taking the time to complain. it really is appreciated and your concerns will be watched over time to see how things pan out. :)

ok twister, i changed the NBN description. any better? it's hard to say enough without making it too long.

Yea i like that better. I do think you all are doing a great job and it's great to see that you are listening when we have complaints.

I look forward to all the new stuff this forum has to offer!

Thanks
Twister :)

I also hate Microsoft and PCs in general. But i just hate PCs cuz they run Microsoft. And we all don't get along well together. ;)

Now having said that i gotta go work on a PC :(

I think there are definitely too many categories around here at the moment, and most of them are too arbitrarily defined and "enforced"

not that I dont love browsing around them all, its just that shunting things off into little niches where they generally get less views than in the system&software category isnt always the best way to solve problems, especially if the poster and/or mod who moved the post doesnt know what exactly they need.

just some constructive(?) criticism

Back