Completely uninstall OpenOffice

jennyquatro

Registered
Well, I downloaded OOo and was very unhappy with it. So I dragged the app to the trash. Trash won't empty and keeps bringing up all these items that are "in use" like *types.rdb* and *LastResort.hf* and tons more. I found an answer somewhere to go to Home/Library/ApplicationSupport/OpenOffice.org and put that in the trash which I did. Still no luck. Sigh. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jennifer

Hi jennyquatro & welcome to the forums :)

Do you know which version of OOo you installed? Have you tried logging out/in again, then emptying the Trash?

Thanks for the welcome. It was V 2.4. I'll try that now, sometimes its the simple things, for sure. This is what I get for being a Windows user for mega years. :eek: I'll see if that works. Thanks! Jennifer

Have you tried "Secure Empty Trash" in the Finder menu? Launch Activity Monitor which is in the Utilities Folder (applications ~> utilities) and choose "All Processes, Hierarchically" from the drop-down menu at the centre top of the window. Look for anything that looks related to OOo. Let me know what you see.

Also, has X11 quit? Well, I guess if you logged out it would have by now ;)

Do you have OnyX installed .... ? I know there's an empty trash task that's pretty good. Make sure you download the correct version for your operating system.

I thought I would throw this out there in case you were still interested, Jenny.

Soon enough, OpenOffice for the Mac will have more of a Mac feel to it. However, for now there is another project called NeoOffice that gives you that native Mac functionality. Menus are where they're supposed to be, not like they are in the current OpenOffice. Check the attached image to see what it looks like.

Give that a try and see if it works out better for you.

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 3
Back