computer screen is BLURRY

lalvarez5454

Registered
Hey
I have a 1.9 GHz PowerPC G5 and one day i turned it on and the screen was blurry (not blurry to the point where you can't read it, but still blurry enough to hurt your eyes). So a few weeks of this, I got a new 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo laptop. I used a firewire cable to transfer my old materials (including the old account) to the new one and I logged into it, and the screen was still blurry! I decided to try the guest account, and it wasn't blurry. Same thing on my old computer that I thought was broken. I don't know what is causing the problem and would love some help, any suggestions? Thanks!
-Lex

Hi Lex, I don't know the answer to your question of the top of my head, but I saw no one had replied yet, so I did an online search and came across a few things:

----
From a discussion board with apple:

Ok, i managed to solve the problem. As it turns out, my Universal Access option is turned on and was slightly zoomed in.
----

And another board here:

It sounds like you have accidentaly pressed the screen scaling shortcut keys. Either go into Universal Access prefs and set Zoom to Off, or press Command-Option-8.

----

Good luck

Last edited:
Back