Computers on ABC's Alias

dixonbm

Registered
Ok, can anyone here who watches Alias tell me what is it with Alias. They've got Macs on all the time, but they always cover up the Apple logo. Although you can usually tell its a mac and sometimes see the glowing logo through the cover.

While they cover the Apple Logo they prominently display the Dell logo on all of their Dell PCs.

I take it they must have some kind of deal with Dell. If thats the case, then why have any macs on their at all?

Must be because the Macs they show are always the sleek powerbooks and Dell's notebooks are too bulky and ugly.

Comments? Thoughts?

funny, I noticed the same thing tonight. (great minds...)

she was jogging with an ipod last season (what's wrong with me, Jennifer Garner jogging, and I noticed it was an ipod in her hand... ;) )

but I've noticed on many commercials/shows that they'll put a patch over the apple logo. but it is peculiar that they'd still show the dell logo off.

LOL, I noticed the iPod too. Hmm...

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, I'll have to watch it to see what you guys are talking about.

One thing to look for is what commercials they show during the show. If they show Apple commercials, then I don't know what the deal with ABC is; but if they show Dell commercials, then there's your explanation.

The first season is out on DVD, for the rest you'll just have to wait for repeats (for the current season, or the last season if it's summer) or syndication.

Clearly they must use these superior products from Apple! There are many other shows where you may see a powerbiik but the logo is not visible ex: Karen Sisco

Here in Australia we're still in season two and all I see are Gateways (the cow cube logo). Oh, last episode Sydney used Vaughn's iBook...though like you said 'iBook' wasn't printed on the case nor was the Apple logo present. Maybe something to do with payment issues or something?

dlloyd said:
Anyone else remember the Gateway ad using a PowerBook G4?
:D
LOL... go figure.

I just saw the most recent Alias the other day (from tape), and I noticed the sticker over the Apple logo. I noticed it because it looked like the Apple logo with a circle around it; at first I wondered what they were using, but then I remembered your comments.

Stupid ABC. Disney is as bad as AOL.

If you watch the panther video which is linked to from the new hompage of macosx.com it features the creator of the Alias show, another Mac head!! Maybe its because of him that the macs get screen time, not to mention the coolness and finess of a beautiful powerbook.

it happens everywhere..

home_foto_producten.jpg

Do you mean to say that is a powerbook? Not! Look at the hinge. There is no cantilever.
Yes the babe makes it hard to see the hinge, but that is no powerbook.

I still miss DarkAngel for all the Macs that were used in Logan's apartment. ;-)

pds said:
Do you mean to say that is a powerbook? Not! Look at the hinge. There is no cantilever.
Yes the babe makes it hard to see the hinge, but that is no powerbook.
THATS NOT A POWERBOOK? Dammit, what have I been using the past 3 years? I thought for sure it was a Powerbook! Gateway must have tricked me in to buying one of their computers!

Sorry... but that is a Powerbook, no doubt, 100% sure of it.

So Dell uses a 4 year old computer in ads for their new equipment? I'm glad I live in the desert.

Back