Connecting From Airport to Dlink

Rick Stirling

Registered
I cannot seem to get my mac to find my wireless network. I have a network called RSWireless, and a dlink wireless access point that worked perfectly on my PC network.

My mac is plugged into my broadband router, and I'd like to share this connection with my PC and my consoles. In the past the PC shared this connection out.

My router has an IP of 192.168.1.1
My mac ethernet is 192.168.1.3
My macs airport is set to 192.168.1.5
All have the subnet of 255.255.255.0

Airport is set to share, and in the network panel its light is green. It tells me that it is connected to the Network RSWireless, which is the name I assigned to my Dlink WAP.

When I remove the power to the Dlink WAP then the Network panel tells me that Airport is enabled, but that it cannot connect to a wireless network.

So far so good, it looks like it's working

My Dlink is set to 192.168.1.100, but when I try to ping that address I get no response:

--- 192.168.1.100 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

I put a hub between my mac and my modem, and plugged the wireless point into it, just to see if I could ping the hardware that way. Success:

--- 192.168.1.100 ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 2 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0.583/0.778/0.975 ms

So now I'm confused - I cannot reach the hardware via the Wireless network, but the mac claims it is connected to it.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Rick

This thread looks darn familiar to me. Rick, didn't we clear that before? If not, check out search.

Somejhing funny has been going on with the boards, it was indeed cleared up, and I posted to say as much, but my reply is gone.

Anyway, my Apple can now talk to all my hardware with no problems! Thanks again.

Back