Connecting iPhone to Plasma screen

robsjohn

Registered
I'd like to connect an iPhone to a large Plasma screen to demo a live application at a show. Can anyone tell me how this can be done.

Thanks Greg. I puchased the cable and successfully connected the iPhone to a TV screen. But I observed that I can view only "videos". I wanted to view an app running on iPhone. We developed the app and wanted to show it at a electronics show. Any ideas?

That's a fantastic idea, but to my knowledge it can't be done to that degree. After some research, I found that you can only view video & slideshows on a projector or large LCD/plasma. It sounds like it should be a given for you to be able to share your entire iPhone screen and apps to an audience for lecture, presentations, etc. Steve Jobs has done this before but we all know he's had a "special" iPhone.

I looked at a few discussion boards and they say relatively the same thing, that "only videos and slideshows are output, nothing else." Also "...other apps (even web-based) don't code to send output other than to the iPhone screen itself."

I'd recommend a few other options if there is nothing else that can be done: setting up a slideshow with screenshots of your applications, or setting up a separate video cam that's hooked into the TV to record your iPhone screen as you work on it.

Unfortunately you are not able to do this directly with hardware. Apple uses a custom piece of hardware on a modified iPhone for their tech demos. The ony way for us mere mortals to do it is is the iPhone/ iPod touch Software Developer Kit Simulator running on OSX.

Back