Connecting Sony Handycam DCR-HC96 E to iMac G5

ibm_divorcee

Registered
I have recently purchased a Sony Handicam DC HC 69 E. Prior to this I was using an older Sony Handicam and had no problems down connecting the video camera and transferring the footage to my iMac 5 using a Firewire cable. However, with the new video camera, I have a problem in connecting it to my Mac despite using the Firewire/iLink connecting cable as i Movie does not detect teh connection.
The new camera came with bundled software and its contents indicate that its contains software for both Windows(Picture Package including Image Mixer VCD 2) and Mac OS X (Image Mixer VCD 2)operating systems. However, my attempt to install the IMXINST.SIT software by on my Mac following the instructions contained in the User guide for the Handycam was not successful even though I copied the file to the Applications folder as double-clicking the file did not unzip it ( as indicated by the user Guide). Instead, I was asked to specify what application was associated with the program in order that it could be opened.
My attempt to seek technical support from Pixela, the creators of the software has left me even more confused since they insist that the software is only for burning disks.

I would be grateful if someone can guide me as to how to get the new Handicam connected to my Mac so that the connection is recognized by iMovie4. Specifically, I would like to know how I can install the copied IMXINST.SIT file on to my Mac, since Sony recommends that this be done for connecting the camera to the Mac.

I, too, tried to install the IMXINST.SIT software by on my Mac following the instructions contained in the User guide for the Handycam was not successful even though I copied the file to the Applications folder as double-clicking the file did not unzip it ( as indicated by the user Guide).

Help needed here...

I, too, tried to install the IMXINST.SIT software by on my Mac following the instructions contained in the User guide for the Handycam was not successful even though I copied the file to the Applications folder as double-clicking the file did not unzip it ( as indicated by the user Guide).

Help needed here...

I'm having the same problem. I try opening it with Stuffit but it says "An error occured while unstuffing item(s). Folder not found (-120)"

The whole purpose of me having this camera is to be able to upload video to my computer..any suggestions/help?

Back