Connecting to another computer through two airports

zwheeloc

Registered
I have found that if I try and connect to another computer through another airport, it won't connect. If I come in range of the airport that the computer I am trying to connect to, it works. I have a graphite and the snow airport to encompass my house. Are there any settings I have to do to connect to another computer.

Computer --> Graphite Airport --> Snow Airport --> Computer

What happens is that it comes up with the count down until connection. As soon as I am in the range of the Snow Airport, it connects immediately. Any ideas?

The problem is that until you explicitly put the base stations on the same network, they aren't actually talking to each-other.

Here is the article you should read:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article....alue=100&showSurvey=false&sessionID=anonymous|157586321

And the abstract from it:

AirPort-equipped computers connected to two or more different AirPort Base Stations can communicate with each other when the base stations are joined by a wired Ethernet network. Each base station may offer its own wireless network to clients, or the base stations may be set up for "active roaming," a configuration in which two or more base stations appear as one wireless network to client computers

The Airports are already physically connected to the same ethernet hub. I just upgraded to 10.2.2 and made some other changes. I will see if that works.
Zeff Wheelock

Where are the airports getting their IP from? Are they actually on the same network and using the same DHCP server?

R.

I have the Snow configured as 10.0.1.1 as the DHCP and the Graphite configured as 10.0.1.2 with DHCP turned off looking for 10.0.1.1. All other machines have been configured manually using 10.0.1.10 and above. Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 (I had it at 255.255.0.0, but changed it, but have not tested it yet). Should I have Router pointing to 10.0.1.1?

Back