Connecting to Nt Server

I guess I am the IT geek. We only have two servers, NT and an old Novell. As far as setting up a new user, I have not had to do that yet so I will get to that when it comes. As for my current problem, I have called a consultant in and they are supposed to show up today so I will let you know what they say if you want. I really appreciate all your suggestions/help!

After seeing that all of this worked up until you added the 10.4 machine into the mix sure smelled like the Active Directory issue everyone else has been having. Sorry I couldn't be more help, and please don't take the "IT Geek" comment personally; I am the IT Geek in my shop, and for the most part, I live up to the name.

Good Luck in solving you issue and please let me know what you find out; curoius minds want to know!

Not taken personally at all. You have been tremendously helpful, every time I go through something like this I learn so much. I'll be in touch.
Cara

I think I found some clues to where to look to solve this issue. You cannot connect via AFP because Tiger changed the way it works; Tiger will only use AFP over IP, not AFP over Appletalk (which is what NT runs). Your SMB issue is most likely related to the fact that you will need to fiddle with password encryption to make it work (Microsoft likes encrypted passwords, not clear text). Please look at the following link for much more in depth information:

http://www.macwindows.com/tiger.html

Hopefully this points you in the right direction.

Back