Connection failed- access denied

fowler

Registered
Hi,
We recently installed a mac pro running serverX 10.5.6.(2x3.2 Quad Core Intel Xeon, 16GB 800 MHZ.) I was able to connect to the server from my imac (leopard) and use ARD (V3.2.2) with no problems. Now, since I had shutdown the server for about a week I started it up the other day I am now unable to access it thru our network.

On my imac I try to access using ARD the server lists: "Access Denied". Using GO-Connect to Server I get the message "Connection Failed The server may not exist or it is not operational at this time. Check the server name or IP and your network connection and try again."

I can ping the IP address from my imac. The server is able to access the internet, so I know it's not my network. I have used Disk Utility (on the server) and reset the permissions. After hours on Apple's site and googling I am at a loss. I'm thinking it has something to do with access permissions or something got tweaked at startup (no startup progs in Accts login window) after I turned the unit off for over a week.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Lynn

Hi

Did you find a solution for this? I have a G5 setup as a Mac Server. All clients could connect fine up until today but now get Connection Failed -14910 from all machines. Very strange, I've had to log them in as a local admin rather than using the AD log in details.

Nick

Back