"Connection Failure"

neilgauld

Registered
I have 2 G4s connected running OSX10.2.3 to a Draytek isdn router. We are using two Unlimited Freeserve accounts to connect on each channel. When we start off checking email or surfing erverything works fine. But after a while we cannot get email or surf anywhere, the message 'connection failure' eventually comes up. It is driving us mad. The only way round it is to use the router web interface to disconnect the isdn lines and start again. Any ideas?

Hmm, worth a try... I know you use ISDN, but with some ADSL routers, there is a timeout that is set by the user, and the router goes to sleep after that. Is there any such timeout with your router?

I have a Draytek 2600X Which is an ADSL and ISDN router (for when ADSL arrives in deepest darkest Wiltshire). I have set the timeout on the ISDN setup to 3600 sec and also the time out on the ADSL setup the same, just in case. I have had the router replaced but this problems persists. I was wondering whether it was something to do with the DNS servers of Freeserve, or freeserve just... well being Freeserve. Could the OSX firewall be doing something??

Back