connection problem with Sagem 800/840

mrhwilson

Registered
This is my first posting so please bare with me.

Have installed Tiger on iBook G4. When using broadband connection with Sagem modem F@st 800/840 the persistent message is 'Modem is unplugged from USB'. I've tried different USB ports, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and reinstalled Tiger all in a vain effor to get things working.

Another related message refers to "An item in the Startup Items folder ("/Library/Startupitems/ADSLAutoConfig") does not have the proper security settings" - presumably a related issue.

I've also installed 10.4.1 update with no improvement.

My set-up worked fine under Panther

Please can anybody help; I'm new to Mac and have found this issue confusing and frustrating (something I was hoping to avoid by changing to Apple).

Many thanks :(

A good number of people on the Apple boards have the same problem as you. One contacted Sagem and was told they're working on new drivers, but won't be avilable till June/July.

If possible, you would be better off getting a new Ethernet capable modem.

Thanks Bob, due to my impatience I hadn't appreciated it was a common problem. I could find no obvious reference to later Mac drivers on the Sagem site. I'll progress it with them also and investigate the Ethernet modem option.

Thanks.

Back