"Connection Reset" for specific web site. Is it my Airport router?

dmetzcher

Metzcher.com
Forgive me if this doesn't belong in this forum, but I'm not sure where to start and I read that this might be the router. I have an Airport Extreme. My Mac is running Lion (10.7.2) and it's using a wired connection tot he router.

When I attempt to visit a specific web site after not having loaded any pages there for 30-60 minutes, I will get a "connection reset" error. The attached file is a screenshot with an explanation. Basically, it only happens for this specific site and it affects all browsers. So, when I visit the site, I get the error and have to reload several times before it finally loads the page. The screenshot is from Chrome, and I noticed that it adds a hex value to the URL if I click the "Reload" link in the error explanation.

All browsers are affected when this happens. Once I finally get the site to load in one of them, the rest will work until I walk away for about an hour, and then the problem returns. This just started about a week ago. It was fine until then.

If I load the page from outside of my network, this doesn't seem to happen. If I load it on my iPad (same network), the same thing happens.

I read somewhere that this might be have something to with either the cable modem or the router. I unplugged both for about 5 minutes, but it didn't do any good.

I should also point out that the domain I'm trying to load is a Tumblr blog. The domain itself is hosted by my web host and I'm pointing the A-record at the Tumblr IP (here's info on that).

I'm hoping that someone can offer me some advice. If there is some kind of testing that I can do, I'd appreciate the info. If this is my ISP (Comcast), what can I tell them when I make the call (because I know they'll say it's not them, even if it is)?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• connection-reset.png
    connection-reset.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 3
Back