connectivity to internet, problems

kitty katt

Registered
I have had issues connecting to SOME routers. What is more, my own router, which has worked for months with no problem (and heavy use) suddenly stopped working for me. Or rather, my computer acts like it is connnected, and for all I know it is. There are full bars on the air port.

Under "network" setting it says, "Airport is connected to the network Actiontec. Airport has a self-assigned IP address and may not be able to connect to the internet.

HELP!

Try resetting your modem and router by unplugging the power from both devices. After 30 seconds has passed plug in your modem, wait another 30 seconds then plug in the router. Another 30 seconds later see if you have a valid ip address and if so try a web page.

I used to do this when it happened before on other routers and it would work. But it is not working now. Everyone else in the house (4 other computers, both PCs and Macs) are on with no problems. Just my macbook pro is having the issue). I have reset several times.

On a working computer (one that you can connect to the internet), if you know your (IP?), then type it into the address bar. (Example: 192.168.2.1). The router settings homepage should show up. If the MAC address is being filtered, check to see if the MAC address of the Airport setting of the MacBook is in there.

Back