Considering a Clie

davidbrit2

Licensed Computer Geek
I'm toying with the idea of getting a Clie NX60. (I think that's the number; ARM CPU, keyboard, CF slot...) I wouldn't plan on getting that Missing Sync program, but tell me if this would work instead:

I've got a CF wireless ethernet card, and an Airport card in my iBook. Would I be able to put the DLink card into a Clie and have it be supported out of the box? And would I be able to do a TCP/IP network sync with my Mac? I'm pretty familiar with setting up wireless networks and such, so I just need to know if this is possible.

I'm not sure why you would go through all that unless you don't for some reason want to sync via USB.

Maybe I am simply ignorant about the NX series. I currently use the NR70, without MissingSync, just fine with PalmDesktop 4.1 on OSX. I don't have the need for a memory stick yet, so missingsync is not necessary. I have not looked into using an NX on a Mac.

In any case, I don't think you would be going wrong with the purchase of the Clie. Take it from me, a prior PocketPC user. The Clie, especially the NR/NX series, are simply the best PDA's out there.

Well, I went ahead and got one. It's without a doubt the most amazing pocket computer I've ever purchased. Mmm, FM MIDI synth... :)

For file transferring, I just went with the $18 Lexar memory stick reader, and it works like a charm.

And that's interesting that you got your NR to sync without using Missing Sync... I was under the impression that it was necessary for using a Clie with a Mac, but I guess it isn't. I'll give it a whirl with my NX and see what happens.

Back