Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Gameboy Advanced

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Gaming Consoles Suck!! Go PC(Mac)!!!

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by ksv
Microsoft are killing theirselves with the Xbox. If it becomes a success, I'll guess more and more people will rather use Linux/unix on their PCs for "serious" work, and use thier Xboxes for gaming. This especially applies to young users, I think.
And oops, then Microsoft will slowly, but surely lose their PC software market.

since i got my xbox... i've sold EVERY computer game that i've bought (mostly to friends and a few over ebay) and i haven't bought a new PC game in 3 months... nothing compares to my trusty xbox

(also... just got Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3... it blows the PS2's version away by graphics and gameplay! i just played the PS2 version at my friends house and it wasn't as good as the XBOX... plus that damn controller just felt horrible after using such a great controller for 3 months!)

but I could not find my entry.

Sorry folks, but nothing beats the nethack gameplay with DEC extended charset on a good ole VT102. So there :)

I'm a PS2 fan, while the graphics aren't quite as good as the X-box, there are so any more and better games on it, the controler is better, and its not made by Microsoft:D

To all GameBoy Advanced owners:
Is the GameBoy Advanced graphically challenged, or great?
What games do you have for it?
Are you overall pleased?

The GBA is basicly a SNES with slightly smoother graphics because of the higher relitive res
The keypad is really small though and will hurt you finger if you play it for a while, but overall its pretty good and the only handheld system that I would actually play

Games:
Sonic Advance; a little short but very fun
Golden Sun; not Final Fantasy quality, but its still a good RPG

I own a PS2 and a gamecube. My favorite console is the PS2 I could easily go without the gamecube (I like drawing the PS2 logo more also).

Shhhhhh. Everyone laugh at abasscube when he comes in preaching the gamecubes powress.

Anyone want to place any bets on when he'll come?

Microsoft are killing theirselves with the Xbox. If it becomes a success, I'll guess more and more people will rather use Linux/unix on their PCs for "serious" work, and use thier Xboxes for gaming. This especially applies to young users, I think.

I disagree, There have been game consoles for many years and they haven't taken users from PCs, in fact PC games have taken users from consoles as they became powerful enough to compete.

PC and console games can co-exist because they do not directly compete. Both have their strong points and they mainly focus on them. (ex. PCs have more precise targeting because of the mouse and they have more FPS and RTS, while consoles have more platforming and non-online RPGs.)

If the x-box succeeds it will help Microsoft because gamers who wouldn't otherwise be exposed to Microsoft only games will be and they may try others on the PC.

umm isn't microsoft loosing money on the xbox? You kind of have to make a profit margin if its going to be good for you.

umm isn't microsoft loosing money on the xbox? You kind of have to make a profit margin if its going to be good for you.

Yes, but they make $8-$10 on every game sold so after people buy a few games they start making a overall profit

if they are, remember that alot of products don't make a profit after only 5+ months of being released...

Example: Apple stores didn't reach a profit last year... but we all know they were wildly successful!

Give them time and they will eventually create a profit...

And remember... it's Microsoft... if they wanted to, they could promote Microsoft Bob once again, lose tons of money, but still be afloat for many years...

Thats not a good thing for consoles if they need time to create a profit as consoles WILL GO OUT OF DATE, by the time they start making a profit the console with be close to dead. I also heard somewhere that they were losing money on each console, this probally isn't true but then they would have to pay back what they lost on the console with the game profits.

Thats not a good thing for consoles if they need time to create a profit as consoles WILL GO OUT OF DATE, by the time they start making a profit the console with be close to dead

Companies do not lose that much money on a console, only around $50 or so. If they get $10 on each game and $15-20 per controller and memory card it doesn't take too long to make a profit, Besides, consoles don't go out of date quickly, the expected life for the PS2 (and other consoles) is 3-5 years. What's going to make them speed up that cycle?
There will not be any new competing consoles released then, and they have a different market than PC games witch does not make that a direct competitor. Also, the current consoles are good enough to last for at least a few more years. All the while people will be buying more games and peripherals and the price for production will go down and the profits people who by a lot of games give them will balance out anyone who doesn't buy many games

This has become a bizzare conversation with only people I know in real life. How odd.

GameDog and Divibisan, did you plan this or something? :)

All we need is ABassCube and we'll be all set :) lol

Why do I get the feeling he'll be in here at some point to preach the Nintendo way? :)

BTW GameDog ur right the PS logo rocks, I used to love drawing it (i can probably still do it really well after all this time)

Yeah, wierd time for us all to be on... I'm trying to make my keyboard really quiet cuz if my dad hears me it wont be good :p if i dont get to sleep by 11 i usually just stay up most of the night

His iBook broke down....... AGAIN! EVERYONE LAUGH! This time its his power source lol! He's trying to get on with my old iMac!

Back