constaint panic

sinclair_tm

wow, 1.4g is way faster!
this evening i turned on my mac, after it got to the desktop, i started launching my apps, and then it froze. i hit the restart button and it rebooted, but locked up before getting to the gui. it paniced. i took a pic of the screen. so after unplugging all extra usb/firewire devices, the next boot got to the blue screen just before the desktop loads, but no farther. next rebbot goes back to the panic. i disconnect the hard drive and boot from 10.4 dvd, and it panics. it also panics on all other versions of os x, 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3. i boot my os 9.1 cd, and it will only make it to the desktop if i start with extentions off. with extentions on, even for the install cd, it freezes while loading the qt extentions. i'm really at a loss as too what to do next being i can't even boot with the installer cds. maybe this panic from 10.4 will show something you guys can figure out. untill it gets resloved, my mac is down for good. which leaves me stuck in windows...
panic.jpg

well, i'm up and running again, and still not sure what happened. i pulled my 2 pci cards one by one restarting, and panics from tiger dvd. then i pulled my new 512mb ram stick, and reboot only to be welcomed by the installer. happy joy. so i add the pci cards one by one, and still good. now i add the hard drive and boot to my desktop. all good. so is it the ram or the slot. i unplug the drive again and move the ram that is on the computer still to the empty slot, and it boots fine to the installer. so i stick the ram back in, only to the slot now open, which is not the slot it was in, and it boots just fine. so i'm up and running as i was, only with the ram in different slots. so i don't know. is there a mac version of memtest or something i can run to test the ram?

update- it was the new ram stick. my system started becoming unstable, and froze. took out the stick, and now no issues, yet...

Back