convert .cdr

xyber233

Registered
I have a .cdr image of 10.1 which my friend downloaded for me. He has a PC and I dont have Toast. How can I convert it back to an .img file? Since I have Discribe, I guess I have to give it to my friend to burn.

Why don't you download the preview version of Toast (5P2), mount the image and save it in .dmg format? Though I'm not sure Toast recognizes .cdr format.

Originally posted by jc658
Why don't you download the preview version of Toast (5P2), mount the image and save it in .dmg format? Though I'm not sure Toast recognizes .cdr format.

When you mount an OS X CD image it renders the CD you burn unbootable. You need to burn it without mounting so I doubt this would work. I guess if you have a couple CD's to spare make a backup copy of the image and do what was sugested above.

Originally posted by xyber233
I have a .cdr image of 10.1 which my friend downloaded for me. He has a PC and I dont have Toast. How can I convert it back to an .img file? Since I have Discribe, I guess I have to give it to my friend to burn.

So you do have a burner? if so just hop on carracho or hotline and d/l the latest version of toast. It's out there... you just have to look for it.

I'm on 56k :(. Anyways, I am borrowing my friends Toast. How do I burn it so that I can boot off of it? I mounted the .cdr image and then dragged it onto Toast. It burned but I can't boot off of it. What should I do?

open toast... needs to be 5.0.1 or higher. click on the other button and drag the disk image over the file area. Click the big red button and a few minutes later... wahla... bootable OS X CD.

It took me a few tries to get it done with my public beta CD's but ever since toast 5.0.1 I haven't had any problems. I burned my latest copy using 5.0.2 and it worked out sweet.

Originally posted by xyber233
I mounted the .cdr image and then dragged it onto Toast. It burned but I can't boot off of it. What should I do?

Originally posted by Rhino_G3

When you mount an OS X CD image it renders the CD you burn unbootable. You need to burn it without mounting so I doubt this would work. I guess if you have a couple CD's to spare make a backup copy of the image and do what was sugested above.

I hope you made a backup copy of the CDR. I doubt you can burn a bootable CD from it after you mount the image.

Back