Convert file conundrum

RichyRich

Registered
Hello all
I wonder whether anyone will be able to help me with this...

I have a lot of photos which are quite big files and I'd like to convert them into jpeg and reduce the file size. I know that I need to open up a file in Preview and then click 'save as' and choose jpeg, but what if I want to do loads of photos?
Do I really have to do each one at a time?
I can open up lots of the photos and they appear in the 'drawer' in Preview, and then it allows me to highlight them all but will still only let me convert them one at a time.
There must be an easier way!

Any ideas people?
Thanks

Nice one, cheers mate. I'll give that a go. It's strange that Apple haven't improved their software to allow this to happen without using third party applications but hey...

Thanks for your help - you've just saved me hours in front of the computer - I might even get my evenings back!

Cheers Rich

... It's strange that Apple haven't improved their software to allow this to happen without using third party applications but hey....
You should be disabused on the notion that Apple is supposed to provide all of your software needs. MacOS X has many wonderful third-party developers. Apple supports some of them. For example, GraphicConverter shipped with my last Power Mac G5. However, the health of the platform depends on how well users support third parties. That said, Preview is not as comprehensive as GraphicConverter, but it will also convert and resize graphics files to various and sundry formats and file sizes.

Back