Convert from Div to DVD, or avi, or vcd, or svcd, or mpeg

jsn

Registered
Hi

What software do I need to convert a file from from Div to DVD, or avi, or vcd, or svcd, or mpeg.

thanks
jsn

Do you mean DivX? Or something else?

Either way. There are a _LOT_ of (free and pay) tools available. Search www.versiontracker.com/macosx for them. The professional tools are QuickTime 7 Pro and Cleaner 6, I guess. Toast can do some things, too. (I think if QT player can play it, Toast can convert and burn to VCD, SVCD or DVD.)

Also check out ffmpegX, it's got a lot of features and may be a bit daunting but worth taking the time to configure and learn. Do a google. ;-)

Is Div the same as the raw Dv format from DV Cameras?....cuz I'm also looking for a software that would allow converting this raw format to any of the known cross-platform types, ie., mpeg, mov,avi etc....

I've downloaded several tapes from my DV cam and don't know how I can create my mpeg or mov or avi files...

any recommendation is highly appreciated.

Thank you

geacmbo said:
Is Div the same as the raw Dv format from DV Cameras?....cuz I'm also looking for a software that would allow converting this raw format to any of the known cross-platform types, ie., mpeg, mov,avi etc....

I've downloaded several tapes from my DV cam and don't know how I can create my mpeg or mov or avi files...

any recommendation is highly appreciated.

Thank you
iMovie is already on your Mac.

I'm aware of that MisterMe, I used iMovie to precisely extract the the video footage from the DV Cam, thing is I have no clue as to how to conver all those clips into one whole MPEG, AVI or MOV file....

Appreciate any directions
Thanks
G

When you use the save command in quicktime, it makes the .mov file as standard ;)

AVI or other you will need quicktime pro and use the export command for different formats. But as mentioned above by others there other third party apps :)

sirstaunch, you know I also did that, was pretty simple, thing is that the .mov file created is like a main index file cuz it still depends on the main clip (dv files) stored if i remove them the .mov file isn't worth a penny....so what I'm doing right now is exporting to mp4...i'll post again and let you'll know how it goes.

BTW, I extracted another tape using iMovie 5 HD...and this one creates one whole (looks like compressed) file....curiously i tried to apply same technique and QT does not detect it ....it is grayed out ....any comments?

Back