Convert RealAudio to MP3 ?

toast

Gone !
Hello all,

I would like to convert ssome .rm and .ram streams to MP3 (or AAC) in such a way I can archive some radio talks on CDs.

Anyone knows a cool piece of software or a nifty way to do that please ? Thank you !

Bleh...Real's audio is terrible. I know it's scaled down so that it can stream...but still, they could do better. Sometimes you have to play something more than once just to understand it. :p

Errr... I can't find any pertinent info on what the full version of RealOne does or does not. Anyone has a URL with its features to provide me with please ?

Plus, I just peeped at my bank account... I'm looking for freeware for this month ;)

I'm amazed there's no solution to this problem. Nobody has ever programmed a RealAudio -> MP3 ripper ?! It must be hard, but is it that hard ?

I found StreamRipper OSX, but it records only radio channels. Also, Beaver, can do this, but you still have a provide it with a link to a stream server.

What I'm looking for is a program you provide with a .rm or .ram file and it streams it and rips it to permanent audio (MP3/AAC/AIFF/WAV/AU/OGG whatever).

Can someone hear me ? ;)

you could try audio hijack that might work. Otherwise if it's ATRAC3 (which I think RealAudio is) you could try searching for that. I also noticed that there is a greyed out option in RealOne's tools drop down menu called convert media format whitch might be part of the full version

ATRAC was developed by Sony and used in their MiniDisc players. It is a high-quality, low-bandwidth audio compression format that also underlies RealAudio 8. Like any lossy compression format, overcompressing will compromise the quality, which is why some audio provided in RealAudio format may not sound high quality (but for the bandwidth it requires, it will compare favorably to other compression formats.)

RealOne Player for Mac OS X does not have any ability to convert files or streams to other media formats; media file conversion features are available in RealOne Player on Windows. Some people use third-party products for capturing audio output on Mac OS X; those products would be listed at VersionTracker.com

You can learn more about audio compression formats at
http://www.kendavies.net/resources/audioformats/

" Some people use third-party products for capturing audio output on Mac OS X; those products would be listed at VersionTracker.com "

Okay, we're getting warmer. Would you have a specific program to recommend ? Otherwise I'll make it myself. Thanks already for explaining all that.

Back