Cookies, MacOSX.com & Press3

MacOSX.com or Press 3 - Read Thread

• Keep it as MacOSX.com - cookie issues remain

• Point site to Press 3's main page

• Point site to Press 3's forum page (these forums)

• Admin will make whatever decision he wants, so I vote for his.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Moving forward, we need to make some decisions. It is my understanding that the community would like to keep the "MacOSX.com Community" name and that is cool with me.

However, moving forward, all my efforts will be put into promoting Press 3 - for tech support, which also ecompasses this forum. As you may or may not know, these forums are duplicated on Press 3's website. In fact, the only real difference is the template it uses.

Because the forums are exactly the same they only have ONE CONFIG file for handling cookies & email links, whether it sends out links to replies as macosx.com or press3.com.

So... the question is this... and you can vote...

Keep MacOSX.com Community on the macosx.com domain as it is today, and just deal with the cookie issues, email issues, and all that jazz -or- transition the domain macosx.com to point directly to press3.com's main page or directly to press3.com's forum pages... of course, with some sort of "transition" screen to let people know what is going on and that it's the same place, just new name.

Admin

It looks pretty well divided at this point. But can I ask a question? Other than that last one, for you language lawyers out there.

Huh? I am not sure I understand the differences.

Back