CoolPix Camera - To Buy or Not?

twister

Howdy
I'm thinking of getting a CoolPix digital camera. Does anyone have any reviews or comments? I probably wont print out picts. But if i do they'll be 4x6. I want zoom (not digital). I want to be able to take picts at night. Pocket size. And i want to stay under $300.

CoolPix at Best Buy

Thanks
Twister

Just about anything by Nikon is worth getting if it fits your needs. They are proffessional and thus produce very professional products.....and for printing 4x6....and 2 MP camera will do fine....you can likely go much larger.

Eddie

I have the 4330 twister was looking at and it takes great pictures. It has a built in mic and speaker for movie clips and they also look good. I would very very highly recommend this camera.

Hey do you think there would be much, if any, difference between the 3.1 mega pixel camera and the same one with 2.1 mega pixels? All's i hear about is print off quality. I'm mostly concerned with web quality.

Thanks
Twister

Originally posted by THEMACER
I have the 4330 twister was looking at and it takes great pictures. It has a built in mic and speaker for movie clips and they also look good. I would very very highly recommend this camera.

I'm with THEMACER on this one. Though it may be out of your price range, the Nikon Coolpix 4300's are incredible. Mine is moderately small, has a great battery life, a brilliant flash, easy menus with great options and most imporantly, the shots look great. I would never even think about film again. Of course, there is a price to pay.... ;)

It's in my price range. $300 at best buy. (ok i said uner $300 but it's close)

Two people here at work have it and like it. I hear great things. So my question is why should i pick a 3 mega pixel over a 2 mega pixel?

Twister

FWIW, I used to have a CoolPix950. That was a great camera. Nice optics, very good images. I'd definitely recommend the Nikons (even if you have to bust your budget by a little).

You may want to go with 3Mpix over 2, just because although you may not intend to print now, the extra rez will be most welcome if you decide to later. Besides, the extra rez will give you greater options for cropping images with less size reduction.

Back