Copy One User Account to Another

mcbeewl

Registered
Hello All,

I'm sure some someone has encountered this issue at some point. In a Win XP/2K environment, it is possible to copy one User Profile (roughly equivilant to Apple's User Directories) to another user account. This is done by going to properties on my computer then navigating to the appropriate tab (I believe advanced). Windows handles setting the appropriate permissions on the copied profile based on the user you tell it should have access.

I need to do something similar on Mac OS X 10.3. I've got many users who have been logged in and using an account that does not correspond to there correct user ID (on the domain/open directory). I have been tasked with cleaning this up. I know I could go thought and copy files and directories individualy, but I've got quite a few to do any I am looking for a more automated way to accomlish the task. Also, if I do it hunt-and-peck style I feel I could miss something as I go though the various accounts - and it would take forever.

Please advise.

Thank You. :D

change the writes that they have of access to other users folders, that would work, not sure if they are able to access their account (change the password then), or just the files and folders. If its the a problem with accessing other's things(hence files and or folders) just do chmod -R o=x,g=x folder to change all permissions down the folder, so you could do it on like a 2005Users and every user in that folder and file would be changed.

The R must be capitalized for it to go down and get every file/folder permission.

Slooksterpsv, my concern is that the permissions for a standard user folder might have nested permissions that chmod -R o=x,g=x on /User/~ would not address?
Plus, It seems I would have to make some changes in Net Info Manager....

Any thoughts.

Back